1) INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USAGE
Cloudcheck may gather and use information about you, including (but not limited to) information in the following categories:
- Identification data (e.g. name, username, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address);
- Profile information (e.g. age, gender, country of residence, language preference and any information that you choose to make available to us as part of Cloudcheck user profile where available.
- Electronic identification data (e.g. IP addresses, cookies);
- Internet, wifi, and cellular connection quality and consumer feedback results;
- Information about your usage of and interaction with Cloudcheck software, products, and websites (including computer, platform, device and connection information, client performance information, error reports, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our websites, browser type;
- Products or services that may be ordered or delivered where available;
- List of your Facebook and Twitter contacts, and related data if you chose to use these services to publicize your usage of Cloudcheck services;
- Correspondence between you and Cloudcheck;
- Traffic data (data processed for the purpose of the conveyance of communications or the billing thereof, including, but not limited to, the duration of the test, test location and the networks tested);
- Location information, derived from your mobile carrier or from the mobile device that you use;
- Mobile device information, such as manufacturer's name, device model number, operating system, carrier network;
- Location information and device identifiers, derived from your device, when you search for or connect to a Cloudcheck WiFi Booster compatible hotspot. This information may be used to improve detection of eligibility to connect using Cloudcheck WiFi Booster and for the purposes of offering, providing and marketing Cloudcheck products and offers to you;
- Access tokens for other accounts you associate with your Cloudcheck account, which are like an electronic key provided by the service that acts in place of a password for authentication.
2) METHODS AND PURPOSE OF COLLECTING INFORMATION
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you with a safe, easy-to-use, efficient, and customized experience. Cloudcheck collects and uses, or has third party service providers acting on Cloudcheck's behalf collecting and using, personal data relating to you, as permitted or necessary to:
- provide diagnostics, recommendations, analytics, and network acceleration solutions and related offers to improve your internet experience
- change and customize Cloudcheck features and functionality;
- take, process or deliver orders made via our websites, invoice you or notify you of the status of your order;
- display updates about your recent activity on Cloudcheck
- provide other services for you (as described when we collect the information);
- provide you with customer support and troubleshoot problems;
- compare information for accuracy;
- inform you about service updates and faults;
- request feedback or participation in on-line surveys;
- resolve disputes;
- verify your identity;
- customize, measure, and improve Cloudcheck software and websites, as well as other ASSIA products and services
- improve our diagnostics and optimization functionality and help you find and contact other Cloudcheck users and Cloudcheck enabled networks more easily and accurately;
- organize and carry out Cloudcheck's marketing or promotional operations/offers, contests, games and similar events; and protect your and Cloudcheck's interests, including in particular to enforce our Terms of Service and prevent and fight against fraud.
3) DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Except as provided below, Cloudcheck will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise transfer any personal traffic data or communications content outside of ASSIA and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your explicit permission, unless it is obliged to do so under applicable laws or by order of the competent authorities. Please note that information that you voluntarily make public in your user profile, or which you disclose on forums, discussions boards or by posting comments will be publicly available and viewable by others.
- Cloudcheck may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, to protect Cloudcheck's interests, fight against fraud and to enforce our policies or to protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
- In order to provide you with Cloudcheck products you have requested, Cloudcheck may sometimes, if necessary, share your personal and traffic data with carriers, collaborating or cooperating service providers and/or agents. For example the WiFi access services providers, distributors of Cloudcheck software and/or Cloudcheck products, and/or the third party banking organizations or other providers of payment, email delivery, analytical services, customer support, or hosting services. Cloudcheck will always require these third parties to take appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect your personal data and traffic data and to observe the relevant legislation.
- Some Cloudcheck products may be co-branded and offered together with or via a collaborating or cooperating company. If you register for or use such products, you consent to both Cloudcheck and the collaborating or cooperating company's use of personal data collected in connection with the co-branded product. Cloudcheck may offer its products in connection with other websites or services or may team with other online services to give you the combined results of both products/services or additional services and benefits. To determine whether you would benefit from the combined offer, if you have provided your consent, Cloudcheck may match your email address, and email addresses of your contacts against email addresses you have provided to the third party website/service provider.
- Cloudcheck, Cloudcheck's local provider, or the operator or company facilitating your communication may provide personal data, communications content and/or traffic data to an appropriate judicial, law enforcement or government authority lawfully requesting such information, to the extent not prohibited by law. Cloudcheck will provide reasonable assistance and information to fulfill this request and you hereby consent to such disclosure.
- Information that is collected by or sent to Cloudcheck and/or ASSIA may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which ASSIA or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers maintain facilities. In this regard, or for purposes of sharing or disclosing data in accordance with this article 4, Cloudcheck reserves the right to transfer information outside of your country. By using Cloudcheck software, Cloudcheck's websites or Cloudcheck products you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. ASSIA abides by the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Economic Area. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
- As ASSIA continues to develop its business, ASSIA might sell or buy subsidiaries or business units. In any such transactions in which ASSIA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information of Cloudcheck users will generally be one of the transferred business assets. We reserve the right to include your personal information in any such transfer to a third party.
4) COOKIE USAGE POLICY
- What are Cookies and GIFs?
A typical Cloudcheck cookie might look something like this: SC=LC=en:CCY=EUR:CC=UK:TZ=+1:VER=0/188.8.131.52/:TS=1105405660:TM=103841368>
SC stands for Cloudcheck Cookie (cookie name); LC is the language preference for our website; CCY is the currency preference for our website; CC is a country code; TZ is time zone; VER is the Cloudcheck mobile and web client version that the user is known to be running; TS is when the cookie was set; TM is when the cookie was modified.
Cloudcheck web pages and client interfaces may include clear GIFs, also known as web-beacons and tracking pixels. GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, which are used to count your visits to the page (but which do not retain any personally identifiable information). In addition, Cloudcheck uses clear GIFs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened and acted upon. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- What type of Cookies does Cloudcheck use?
Cloudcheck uses session cookies, persistent cookies and local shared objects (flash cookies).
Session cookies are temporary cookies, or unique identifiers associated with your browser for the duration of your visit to Cloudcheck's websites or area of the Cloudcheck mobile and web client. Once you close your browser, the session cookie ID will disappear and information about your visit is not retained.
Persistent Cookies remain on your browser even after you close it and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the website.
Local Shared Objects or 'Flash Cookies' are cookies written with Adobe flash technology. These cookies are saved on your computer in the same way as other cookies but they cannot be managed at browser level in the same way.
- Cookie usage
Cloudcheck uses its own cookies for a variety of purposes, including recognizing you when you sign in and understand how you arrived at our website, so we can make sure that we provide you with relevant customer content and information. For example:
- if you arrived at our websites by clicking on a link to hear about solution offers, we can make sure you see content relevant to those offers;
- if your cookie was set a long time ago, we know you are not a new user and we will not show you content intended for new users, such as 'how to use Cloudcheck' pages and applications;
- remember your chosen preferences, such as:
- The language you choose to see our website in; and
- the currency you wish to see offer prices,
- fight against fraud;
- inform Cloudcheck about the version of the Cloudcheck mobile and web client you are using so that we can provide you with new software updates and direct you to the relevant help sections;
- enable you to access your account and account services through the Cloudcheck mobile and web client;
- provide internal and customer analytics and gain statistics and metrics about our websites, such as total number of visitors and page views;
- monitor the effectiveness and performance of our advertising and marketing campaigns and carry out research in order to help us to improve our products and websites;
- initiate security measures such as 'time-out' when you have not logged into your account service area for a period of time;
- deliver media content to you;
- provide Cloudcheck ads most relevant to you when you visit other sites that display Cloudcheck ads.
Third Party Cookies
In addition to Cloudcheck's cookies, Cloudcheck's analytics, ad-serving collaborators and affiliates may set cookies and access cookies on your computer, when you are using the Cloudcheck mobile and web client or visiting a Cloudcheck website.
Cloudcheck uses two third parties, Google Analytics and Flurry Analytics, to gather anonymous statistical and analytical information about how users use Cloudcheck websites and software clients. For example, these companies gather and aggregate data on page views and clicks on our sites, the search engines and keywords used to find our sites, links accessed from our sites, error and crash information about our clients, and similar information. These analytics are not used to track your journey to other websites or to identify you.
The advertisements of Cloudcheck and of third parties appearing in the Cloudcheck software, Cloudcheck products and on Cloudcheck third party websites are delivered to you by Cloudcheck or other carefully selected ad serving providers ('Ad Serving Providers').
Cloudcheck's affiliate network program allows third parties to introduce people to Cloudcheck. Our affiliates may send cookies to your computer to allow them to receive information (a) when you click on a Cloudcheck related link, and/or (b) when you make a purchase on Cloudcheck's website, for the purpose of paying ASSIA or one of the companies that we work with to deliver Cloudcheck-related features or services. If you re-visit Cloudcheck's site directly, our affiliates can recognize you and reward the third-party affiliate's site that referred you to our site. These cookies are not within Cloudcheck's control and for more information please visit our provider Commission Junction's site at: http://www.cj.com/privacy.
- Other Third Party Content
Sometimes, Cloudcheck's websites and applications may include widgets or embedded video content from third parties such as YouTube. When you view this content or use this widget, you may be accepting cookies from these websites. These cookies are not WITHIN our control and you should check with the relevant third party site for more information.
- Your Choices about Cookies
We don't recommend that you restrict or block cookies as this may impact on the functionality of our websites and products. However, if you choose to do so, please see the options available to you below. You can also find comprehensive information about cookies at www.aboutcookies.org.
- Browser Cookies
The Help option on the toolbar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to delete cookies or how to disable cookies altogether.
Cloudcheck software browser cookies can be disabled by: accessing the File menu from your Cloudcheck mobile and web client toolbar, choosing the Privacy option and un-checking the "Allow Cloudcheck Browser Cookies" box.
- Local Shared Objects (Flash Cookies)
You can manage the usage of flash cookies via http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. You may also manage flash cookies through your Internet browser.
To opt out of Google Analytics cookies, please visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
5. ADVERTISING CHOICES
- Third Party Advertisements
Cloudcheck websites and some Cloudcheck mobile and web clients enable third-party advertisements provided by Cloudcheck. In order to provide ads of greater interest to you, these ads may be targeted based on non-personally identifiable Cloudcheck profile information (including profile information from linked Cloudcheck accounts), such as age, gender, country of residence, and language preference, as well as other information Cloudcheck collects outside the Cloudcheck mobile and web client. For instance, Cloudcheck may utilize the same browser cookies set by Cloudcheck websites to enhance targeting within the Cloudcheck mobile and web client. To learn more about how Cloudcheck collects and uses information to target ads on Cloudcheck and other properties, including how it uses information collected from Cloudcheck, such as age and gender and other information collected as part of delivering ads to or on behalf of Cloudcheck to target ads on other properties, please see the Cloudcheck Privacy Statement.
You may opt-out of Cloudcheck targeted ads in any Cloudcheck client software by sending an email to email@example.com
In some instances, Cloudcheck may facilitate the placement of advertisements in Cloudcheck mobile and web client by other online advertising networks. If you have opted-out of targeted ads in the Cloudcheck mobile and web client as outlined above, Cloudcheck will not pass any profile information to such advertising providers with the ad request. However, because these third parties may place cookies on your computer that facilitate their own targeting, the Cloudcheck opt-out mechanism described above will not necessarily prevent ad targeting by these companies. These companies may offer you a way to opt-out of ad targeting based on their cookies. You may find more information by clicking on the company names above and following the links to the Web sites of each company. Many of them are also members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), which each provide a simple way to opt-out of ad targeting from participating companies.
You may also choose to opt-out of the use of your non-personally identifiable profile information in connection with Cloudcheck's advertising efforts on third party websites by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose to opt-out, Cloudcheck's advertisements will still be delivered to you but information about your relationship with Cloudcheck's websites or the Cloudcheck software will not be used for this purpose.
6. YOUR USER PROFILE
Your user profile is the information provided by you at registration or later. This information is displayed in your Cloudcheck profile in the Cloudcheck mobile and web client, in the Cloudcheck search directory and on your personal details page in your account on www.Cloudcheck.net. It may include your Cloudcheck username, full name, address, telephone and mobile numbers, gender, date of birth, country, language, "about me" page URL, and any other information that you decide to make available. You can access your user profile from the "Cloudcheck" menu in the Cloudcheck mobile and web client or from your account on www.Cloudcheck.net in order to view, correct or complete information, remove non-mandatory information; and to see the privacy settings associated with your profile information.
7. LINKED WEBSITES AND THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS
If you use any extras, plug-ins or third party applications together with the Cloudcheck software or use any third party applications or products that incorporate or embed the Cloudcheck software ("Applications"), the provider of such Applications may obtain access to certain personal information about you. Cloudcheck does not and cannot control how the provider of Applications may use any personal information connected in connection with such Applications. Please ensure that you review any privacy policies or other terms applicable to the use of such Application before installation.
8. HOW DOES CLOUDCHECK PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Cloudcheck will take appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect the personal data and traffic data you and others provide to us, as well as the data collected by Cloudcheck in compliance with the applicable obligations and exceptions under the relevant legislation. Your personal and traffic data can only be accessed by authorized employees of Cloudcheck or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers who need to have access to this data in order to be able to fulfill their given duties.
Cloudcheck may use automated scanning within Instant Messages and SMS to (a) identify suspected spam and/or (b) identify URLs that have been previously flagged as spam, fraud, or phishing links. In limited instances, Cloudcheck may capture and manually review instant messages or SMS in connection with Spam prevention efforts. Cloudcheck may, in its sole discretion, block or prevent delivery of suspected Spam, and remove suspicious links from messages.
9. PERSONAL DATA OF FRIENDS
You may be interested in inviting your friends to join Cloudcheck. In the event you wish to use Cloudcheck's referral service, you will be directed to a webpage and will have the possibility of adding one or more email addresses in an online form. The information entered in this form, will only be used for the purposes of automatically generating an email message to these potential Cloudcheck users. By entering your friend's email address you are confirming that your friend has consented to the supply of their details. Cloudcheck may identify you as the person who has made the referral in the invitation sent to your friend and will include your name, email address and/or phone number in such invitation.
10. CONTACTING YOU
Cloudcheck may from time to time ask you to provide information on your experience which will be used to measure and improve quality. You are at no time under any obligation to provide any of such data. Any and all information which is voluntarily submitted in feedback forms on the website or any survey that you take part in is used for the purposes of reviewing this feedback and improving the Cloudcheck software, and Cloudcheck and other Cloudcheck products and websites.
Cloudcheck may contact you to send you messages about faults and service issues. Further, Cloudcheck reserves the right to use email, the Cloudcheck software or SMS to notify you of any eventual claims related to your use of Cloudcheck software, the Cloudcheck websites and/or Cloudcheck products, including without limitation claims of violation of third party rights.
Cloudcheck may send you alerts by email or SMS to notify you when someone has tried to contact you. Cloudcheck may also use email, SMS or the Cloudcheck software to keep you up to date with news about the Cloudcheck software and Cloudcheck products that you have purchased and/or to inform you about other Cloudcheck products or other Cloudcheck related information. You can opt-out of the receipt of alerts and/or promotional (a) emails by clicking the "unsubscribe" link on the email that you receive or by changing your notification settings on your account page on www.cloudcheck.net; and (b) SMS by following the instructions on the SMS that you receive.
If you have registered for or use co-branded Cloudcheck products, the emails or SMS that you receive may be from our collaborating or cooperating company, acting on Cloudcheck's behalf.
11. HOW CAN YOU ACCESS OR AMEND YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You have the right to access and, where relevant, to amend your personal information. Some of your information may be viewed or edited online by signing into your account page on www.cloudcheck.net. We will respond to requests to view, correct, complete or remove your personal information within a reasonable period of time and upon verification of your identity.
Cloudcheck will use reasonable measures to accommodate requests to delete personal information unless it is required to be retained by law or for lawful business purposes. However, please note that due to the technical nature of the peer to peer network, it can sometimes take up to two weeks before your Cloudcheck ID disappears completely from the peer to peer network. Your details may still appear in the search directory during this time.
12. HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA KEPT BY CLOUDCHECK?
13. CLOUDCHECK ACCOUNT
Cloudcheck account is a service that allows you to sign into Cloudcheck products, web sites and services, as well as those of select Cloudcheck collaborating or cooperatings.
Cloudcheck's websites and software clients are not intended for or designed to attract users under the age of 13. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children to ensure that no information is collected from a child without parental permission.
15. MOBILE NOTIFICATIONS
When you use Cloudcheck on your phone, Cloudcheck may use notification services available for that phone to let you know of changes to your internet and WiFi connection, alerts relevant to your network problems when you are not actively using the Cloudcheck application or websites. These services may be provided by a third party. For example, messages sent to an Apple device will use Apple's Push Notification Services.
17. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT CLOUDCHECK?
To contact Cloudcheck in relation to the "Cloudcheck" branded software or products, please submit a support request to Cloudcheck@Cloudcheck.net
© Adaptive Spectrum and Signal Alignment, Inc. - Last updated: October 2013